ADVANCED FERTILITY CENTER OF TEXAS (HOUSTON, TX)
ADVANCED FERTILITY CENTER OF TEXAS (HOUSTON, TX) IVF Success Rates
Total Number of IVF Cycles
|Clinic Success Rates||Report|
|During The Year||2018|
|Medical Director||Michael A. Allon, MD|
|Total Number IVF Cycles||387|
|Total IVF Cycles at Age<35||144|
|Total IVF Cycles at Age 35-37||89|
|Total IVF Cycles at Age 38-40||87|
|Total IVF Cycles at Age 41-42||27|
|Total IVF Cycles at Age≥43||40|
Nondonor Eggs IVF Success Rates
|Nondonor Eggs Success Rates||Age under 35||Age 35-37||Age 38-40||Age 41-42||Age ≥43|
|Number of transfers||48||22||16||8||*|
|Ave number transfers||0.9||0.7||0.8||0.4||0.4|
|Live Birth Rates||52.1%||22.7%||6 / 16||* / 8||0 / *|
Donor IVF Success Rates
|Donor Success Rates||Donor, Fresh emb, Fresh egg||Donor, Fresh emb, Frozen egg||Donor, Frozen embryo||Donated embryo|
|Number of transfers||7||*||8||*|
|Live Birth Rates||5 / 7||* / *||* / 8||* / *|
Rates of IVF Cycle Characteristics
|Rates of characteristics||Age <35||Age 35-37||Age 38-40||Age 41-42||Age ≥43||All ages|
|IVF using gestational carrier||0.0%||2.3%||5.7%||0 / 10||0 / 14||1.8%|
|IVF using frozen embryos||100.0%||93.0%||94.3%||9 / 10||7 / 14||92.4%|
|IVF with ICSI||97.1%||93.0%||91.4%||10 / 10||12 / 14||94.2%|
|IVF with PGT||37.7%||23.3%||22.9%||* / 10||0 / 14||28.1%|
Why choose Advanced Fertility Center of Texas
AFC Texas is a fertility clinic that offers the best of reproductive medicine care to patients. The center has been operating for more than 20 years offering a combination of medical and wellness therapy to their clients.
Meet the Team
Michael AllonDr. Allon is a board certified Obstetrician & Gynecologist also specializing in Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility. His areas of expertise include laparoscopic surgery, PCOS, and the management of ART cycles.Vasilios T. GoudasDr. Goudas is a board certified Obstetrician & Gynecologist with specialization in Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility. He holds expertise and a special interest in reproductive surgery, especially in operative laparoscopy and hysteroscopy.Dmitri DozortsevDr. Dozortsev heads the Reproductive Laboratories at AFC Texas. He is board certified as a High Complexity Laboratory Director in Embryology & Andrology. His experience encompasses 25 years of expertise in human embryology.Mary TurnerMs. Turner is a Women's Health Nurse Practitioner who has been associated with AFC Texas since 2003. She specializes in different aspects of infertility including gynecology, PCOS and hormonal imbalances.Lisa BenjaminiMs. Benjamini is the CEO at AFC Texas. She has over 14 years of experience in the medical field with her primary area of management expertise being infertility protocols. Ms. Benjamini also has experience as a life and wellness coach.
Services and Procedures
AFC Texas offers simple treatments options which are minimally invasive and often work for most patients. These include:Ovulation induction is a basic fertility treatment option that buses medication to stimulate ovulation.IUI is another basic fertility treatment procedure used for couples experiencing unexplained infertility. It can also be recommended for patients with ovulation disorders and men with sperm abnormalities.IVF procedures are offered to patients who may have issues like blocked tubes, PCOS, endometriosis or unexplained infertility. There are a few different types of IVF cycles offered at AFC Texas. The treatment which is chosen will take factors like age, health and pregnancy related issues into consideration. These options include:
- Natural transfertransfers vitrified embryos to the uterus. The process provides the highest chance of pregnancy with the lowest complications associated with ovarian stimulation.
- Min Stimis an option for patients with low ovarian reserve. The process uses some medication and accumulates more embryos to increase the chance of conception.
- Single Embryo Transferis also offered at AFC Texas. This procedure uses a single embryo transfer instead of using multiple fertilized embryos. It is recommended for patients with a single embryo available or others who have a history of cervical abnormalities. This can make multiple gestation pregnancies more risky.
- Frozen transferuses frozen embryos from a previous fresh cycle. Embryos are then thawed and transferred to the uterus.
PGD and PGS are screening and diagnostic procedures that can detect chromosomal abnormalities with embryos before transfer to uterus.Donor Egg ProgramThe donor egg program at AFC Texas helps patients who have failed IVF due to poor egg quality. Others who have been in cancer treatment or carry serious genetic disease can also benefit from donor eggs.Egg Freezing ServicesEgg freezing allows patients to freeze their eggs for later use. When a woman is ready to conceive, she can use the frozen eggs to carry a pregnancy.Reproductive SurgeriesAFC Texas also offers gynecological options for reproductive surgeries including:
- Laparoscopy is a minimally invasive procedure that can help diagnose or treat related issues.
- Hysteroscopyis another minimally invasive surgical technique used to diagnose and treat infertility.
- Tubal reversal surgerycan help women regain their fertility. This procedure is for women who have had tubal ligation but wish to have more children. Tubal reversal surgery reconnects the fallopian tubes to restore fertility.
- Fibroids, polyps, cysts or masscan also be treated with reproductive surgical procedures.
Wellness ServicesAFC Texas works in collaboration with the Lisanne Wellness Center offering wellness services to patients. Services like detoxification and nutrition counselling are provided to enhance the infertility treatment. Some of these services include:
- Fertility nutritionaims at working on patients' specific dietary needs. The goals is to optimize overall nutritional health for conception and pregnancy.
- Fertile mind & body experience. This is a 6 week course that aims to improve mental and emotional wellbeing when patients experience infertility.
- Acupuncturecan improve circulation and help ease the stress of dealing with infertility.
- Male Infertility Program. This wellness program helps deals with infertility issues in men. Options include low level laser treatment, sauna sessions, male vitamin therapy, color therapy sessions and foot bath sessions.
AFC Texas accepts most major insurance plans. But patient who do not have insurance can seek financial assistance from the following sources:Prosper Healthcare LendingThis is a financing company that specializes in fertility treatment financing. Prosper Healthcare Lending gives immediate decisions for loans under $35,000. They also offer longer terms for lower monthly payments with no collateral required. Plus, there are no prepayment penalties, a fast and easy loan inquiry process which is 100 % confidential.Lending ClubThis financing options offers loans for IVF, PGD and PGS procedures. Funds are wired directly to the clinic and there is a lower APR and the process is 100% confidential.CapexMDThis company specializes in providing patient financing services for all fertility treatment options. They offer an easy, convenient loan process and competitive rates ensuring that the financial aspects of the treatment are not an obstacle to achieving the dream of a family.Compassionate CareThe Compassionate Care Program assists uninsured, income eligible patients. Qualified patients can use the program for multiple cycles each year and save 10%- 75% at participating pharmacies.Financial AssistanceFinancial assistance is also available for patients with cancer, individuals in the military and teachers.
- Livestrong Foundation offers discounted medication for women with cancer.
- AFC Texas has teamed up with Gonal-F to help uninsured, income eligible patients overcome financial barriers. The program works to provide eligible veterans save on fertility treatment medication.
- Teachers can show their professional license and receive 10% off on their IVF cycle at AFC Texas.
Advanced Fertility Center of Texas Services and Profile
|Services and profile||Yes/No|
|Whether clinic has donor egg program||Yes|
|Whether clinic has embryo cryopreservation program||Yes|
|Whether clinic has donated embryo program||Yes|
|Whether clinic has egg cryopreservation program||Yes|
|Clinic services for single women||Yes|
|Clinic services for using gestational carriers||Yes|
|Whether clinic is SART member||Yes|
|Embryo laboratory accreditation status||Yes|
* IVF success reports are based on the latest CDC data published in May 2020 (Final 2018 Data).
* Learn about success rate and definition. Read: What Is IVF Success Rate?