FERTILITY CENTER OF MARYLAND (TOWSON, MD)
FERTILITY CENTER OF MARYLAND (TOWSON, MD) IVF Success Rates
Total Number of IVF Cycles
|Clinic Success Rates||Report|
|During The Year||2018|
|Medical Director||Santiago L. Padilla, MD|
|Total Number IVF Cycles||311|
|Total IVF Cycles at Age<35||105|
|Total IVF Cycles at Age 35-37||73|
|Total IVF Cycles at Age 38-40||65|
|Total IVF Cycles at Age 41-42||32|
|Total IVF Cycles at Age≥43||36|
Nondonor Eggs IVF Success Rates
|Nondonor Eggs Success Rates||Age under 35||Age 35-37||Age 38-40||Age 41-42||Age ≥43|
|Number of transfers||113||58||38||10||7|
|Ave number transfers||1.1||1.1||0.8||0.4||0.3|
|Live Birth Rates||43.4%||32.8%||28.9%||* / 10||* / 7|
Donor IVF Success Rates
|Donor Success Rates||Donor, Fresh emb, Fresh egg||Donor, Fresh emb, Frozen egg||Donor, Frozen embryo||Donated embryo|
|Number of transfers||0||0||0||0|
|Live Birth Rates|
Rates of IVF Cycle Characteristics
|Rates of characteristics||Age <35||Age 35-37||Age 38-40||Age 41-42||Age ≥43||All ages|
|IVF using gestational carrier||0.0%||1.7%||0.0%||0.0%||0 / 16||0.4%|
|IVF using frozen embryos||36.3%||37.9%||25.6%||33.3%||6 / 16||34.5%|
|IVF with ICSI||20.9%||50.0%||34.9%||38.1%||* / 16||32.8%|
|IVF with PGT||0.0%||0.0%||0.0%||0.0%||0 / 16||0.0%|
Why Choose Our Center
If delivering quality services since 1992 is not reason enough, then you can also get in touch with us for the following reasons:
- Extensive service with delivering more than 10,000 babies
- Excellent success rates
- Practicing physicians have a combined experience of 58 years
- More the 300 doctors refer cases to our clinic
- No obligation financial consultations
- Informational seminars for prospective patients
- Free new patient consultation
- Low doctor/patient ratio
Meet Our Staff
Dr. Santiago L. PadillaThe Fertility Center of Maryland started operating under the management of Dr. Padilla. He has board certification in Reproductive Endocrinology with more than 21 years of expertise in IVF and infertility.Dr. Katherine Miller-BassDr. Bass is a Reproductive Endocrinologist with extensive expertise in infertility. She is certified by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, and the Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility. Kimberley J. BlairMs. Blair works as an embryologist and andrologist at the center. She has an impressive career in IVF spanning 27 years. She holds the position of Laboratory Supervisor, and has 3 andrologists and embryologists on her team.Sharon FreimanMs. Freiman is the Clinical Coordinator at the Fertility Center of Maryland. She has more than two decades of expertise in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility. She has also been working for more almost three decades in women's health.Services and ProceduresAt the Fertility Center of Maryland, we provide evaluations and treatments as part of our patient care. Evaluations at the center include an initial consultation and some diagnostic testing.During the consultation, our physician will meet with the individual or couple to review medical and genetic history. Together they will devise a treatment plan based on the patient＊s unique situation. There will also be a physical exam and any diagnostic testing and blood work.Diagnostic TestingSome of the tests prescribed can include the following:
- Semen Analysisto determine sperm count and motility.
- Postcoital Testto evaluate the number of motile sperm and the quality of cervix mucus.
- Ultrasonographyis a diagnostic test to assess the uterus and measure the size and number of ovarian follicles.
- Hysterosalpingography or HSGis an x-ray that evaluates the shape of the uterus and the potency of the tubes.
- Endometrial Biopsyis done to diagnose chronic infection or a progesterone deficiency.
- Laparoscopy is administered to visualize the abdominal and pelvic organs for any abnormalities.
- Hysteroscopyinvolves the direct viewing of the inner lining of the uterus using an endoscope.
The IVF program at the Fertility Center of Maryland has an impressive success rate. This can be evidenced by the 300 or more referring physicians who send their patients to our facility.Our laboratory is also accredited by JAHCO and licensed by the State Of Maryland. Here is what you can consider when you register with us:
- Ovulation Inductioninvolves the use of medications to induce ovulation. Some of these medications may be administered orally while others may be injected.
- IUI is used for male factor infertility, cervical mucus issues and unexplained infertility.
- Advanced Operative Laparoscopyis prescribed for patients who have pelvic adhesions, blocked tubes, fibroids or endometriosis.
- Tubal or Uterine Microsurgeryis for patients with blocked tubes due to scar tissue. The same can also be used for fibroid tumors that cause recurrent miscarriage.
- Artificial Insemination with Donor Sperm or AIDis suggested for couples with male infertility issues. AID may also be prescribed for single women without a male partner.
- Reversal of Tubal Litigationinvolves making an incision and removing obstructed pieces of the fallopian tube. The tube is then joined at both ends.
- IVF unites the egg and sperm in a laboratory dish and deposits the resulting embryo into the uterus.
- ICSI injects a sperm head directly into an egg to promote fertilization. The embryo is then placed into the uterus.
- Egg Freezingallows eggs to be frozen for future use.
- Embryo Freezingallows fertilized eggs to be stored for future transfer.
- Assisted Hatchinghelps successful implantation of the embryo into the uterine wall.
- Advanced Embryo Transferlets the embryo mature before transferring it into the uterus
- Donor Egg and Donor Spermare programs for patients with an absent egg or low sperm production. Donors provide both eggs and sperm and need to undergo extensive screening.
- Gestational Carrierprogram works for patients with uterine abnormalities or with no uterus at all. A carrier unrelated to the embryo carries the pregnancy.
We work with most insurance companies. Please check with us to see if your insurance provider is in our approved insurers' list.100 % Patient Refund ProgramThe refund is offered for IVF, ICSI and donor egg programs. Patients with no insurance coverage are eligible to apply. They also need to undergo full medical screening and should be determined good candidates by our medical staff.The program includes up to 6 treatment cycles of any of the 3 procedures mentioned. If a live birth does not occur during this time, the patient receives 100% refund which they can use for other family building options.Costs for the program are as follows:6 complete IVF cycles- $20,000ICSI (additional) - $22,000Costs include all medical and lab services at the facility. Cryopreservation of viable embryos not transferred, and the cost of embryo transfer is covered.If a live birth occurs, the center earns the fee. If all attempts fail, the patients gets a 100% refund.If patients decide to withdraw from the program, they will be charged for completed cycles with the remaining balance refunded to them.Global PackagesWe also offer affordable global packages for some treatments. These include IUI, donor sperm insemination, ICSI, IVF donor egg and embryo thawing packages.Global packages include all fertility center charges excluding medication costs, outside lab work and egg donor compensation.
Fertility Center of Maryland Services and Profile
|Services and profile||Yes/No|
|Whether clinic has donor egg program||Yes|
|Whether clinic has embryo cryopreservation program||No|
|Whether clinic has donated embryo program||Yes|
|Whether clinic has egg cryopreservation program||No|
|Clinic services for single women||Yes|
|Clinic services for using gestational carriers||Yes|
|Whether clinic is SART member||Yes|
|Embryo laboratory accreditation status||Yes|
* IVF success reports are based on the latest CDC data published in May 2020 (Final 2018 Data).
* Learn about success rate and definition. Read: What Is IVF Success Rate?