The Fertility Center of Maryland has been delivering fertility services since 1992. We offer individualized treatment plans for all our patients along with psychological counseling to deal with the stress of infertility treatment.
Why Choose Our Center?
If delivering quality services since 1992 is not reason enough, then you can also get in touch with us for the following reasons:
- Extensive service with delivering more than 10,000 babies
- Excellent success rates
- Practicing physicians have a combined experience of 58 years
- More the 300 doctors refer cases to our clinic
- No obligation financial consultations
- Informational seminars for prospective patients
- Free new patient consultation
- Low doctor/patient ratio
Meet Our Staff
Dr. Santiago L. Padilla
The Fertility Center of Maryland started operating under the management of Dr. Padilla. He has board certification in Reproductive Endocrinology with more than 21 years of expertise in IVF and infertility.
Dr. Katherine Miller-Bass
Dr. Bass is a Reproductive Endocrinologist with extensive expertise in infertility. She is certified by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, and the Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility.
Kimberley J. Blair
Ms. Blair works as an embryologist and andrologist at the center. She has an impressive career in IVF spanning 27 years. She holds the position of Laboratory Supervisor, and has 3 andrologists and embryologists on her team.
Ms. Freiman is the Clinical Coordinator at the Fertility Center of Maryland. She has more than two decades of expertise in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility. She has also been working for more almost three decades in women's health.
Services and Procedures
At the Fertility Center of Maryland, we provide evaluations and treatments as part of our patient care. Evaluations at the center include an initial consultation and some diagnostic testing.
During the consultation, our physician will meet with the individual or couple to review medical and genetic history. Together they will devise a treatment plan based on the patient’s unique situation. There will also be a physical exam and any diagnostic testing and blood work.
Some of the tests prescribed can include the following:
- Semen Analysisto determine sperm count and motility.
- Postcoital Testto evaluate the number of motile sperm and the quality of cervix mucus.
- Ultrasonographyis a diagnostic test to assess the uterus and measure the size and number of ovarian follicles.
- Hysterosalpingography or HSGis an x-ray that evaluates the shape of the uterus and the potency of the tubes.
- Endometrial Biopsyis done to diagnose chronic infection or a progesterone deficiency.
- Laparoscopy is administered to visualize the abdominal and pelvic organs for any abnormalities.
- Hysteroscopyinvolves the direct viewing of the inner lining of the uterus using an endoscope.
The IVF program at the Fertility Center of Maryland has an impressive success rate. This can be evidenced by the 300 or more referring physicians who send their patients to our facility.
Our laboratory is also accredited by JAHCO and licensed by the State Of Maryland. Here is what you can consider when you register with us:
- Ovulation Inductioninvolves the use of medications to induce ovulation. Some of these medications may be administered orally while others may be injected.
- IUI is used for male factor infertility, cervical mucus issues and unexplained infertility.
- Advanced Operative Laparoscopyis prescribed for patients who have pelvic adhesions, blocked tubes, fibroids or endometriosis.
- Tubal or Uterine Microsurgeryis for patients with blocked tubes due to scar tissue. The same can also be used for fibroid tumors that cause recurrent miscarriage.
- Artificial Insemination with Donor Sperm or AIDis suggested for couples with male infertility issues. AID may also be prescribed for single women without a male partner.
- Reversal of Tubal Litigationinvolves making an incision and removing obstructed pieces of the fallopian tube. The tube is then joined at both ends.
- IVF unites the egg and sperm in a laboratory dish and deposits the resulting embryo into the uterus.
- ICSI injects a sperm head directly into an egg to promote fertilization. The embryo is then placed into the uterus.
- Egg Freezingallows eggs to be frozen for future use.
- Embryo Freezingallows fertilized eggs to be stored for future transfer.
- Assisted Hatchinghelps successful implantation of the embryo into the uterine wall.
- Advanced Embryo Transferlets the embryo mature before transferring it into the uterus
- Donor Egg and Donor Spermare programs for patients with an absent egg or low sperm production. Donors provide both eggs and sperm and need to undergo extensive screening.
- Gestational Carrierprogram works for patients with uterine abnormalities or with no uterus at all. A carrier unrelated to the embryo carries the pregnancy.
We work with most insurance companies. Please check with us to see if your insurance provider is in our approved insurers' list.
100 % Patient Refund Program
The refund is offered for IVF, ICSI and donor egg programs. Patients with no insurance coverage are eligible to apply. They also need to undergo full medical screening and should be determined good candidates by our medical staff.
The program includes up to 6 treatment cycles of any of the 3 procedures mentioned. If a live birth does not occur during this time, the patient receives 100% refund which they can use for other family building options.
Costs for the program are as follows:
6 complete IVF cycles- $20,000
ICSI (additional) - $22,000
Costs include all medical and lab services at the facility. Cryopreservation of viable embryos not transferred, and the cost of embryo transfer is covered.
If a live birth occurs, the center earns the fee. If all attempts fail, the patients gets a 100% refund.
If patients decide to withdraw from the program, they will be charged for completed cycles with the remaining balance refunded to them.
We also offer affordable global packages for some treatments. These include IUI, donor sperm insemination, ICSI, IVF donor egg and embryo thawing packages.
Global packages include all fertility center charges excluding medication costs, outside lab work and egg donor compensation.
Fertility Center of Maryland Services and Profile
- Donor egg services (Yes)
- Donor embryo services (No)
- ART for single women (Yes)
- Gestational carrier services (Yes)
- Embryo cryopreservation services (Yes)
- SART member (Yes)
- Verified lab accreditation (Yes)
Fertility Center of Maryland IVF Success Rates
Fresh Nondonor Eggs IVF Success Rates
According to the newest CDC ART Success Rates Data,Fertility Center of Maryland in TOWSON, MD performed 226 fresh nondonor eggs IVF cycles in 2015. Below is the number of IVF cycles and babies born by the patient's age.
|Number of cycles||80||51||48||27||17||3|
|Live births (%)||38.7||43.9||32.3||2 / 17||0 / 8||0 / 2|
Frozen Nondonor Eggs IVF Success Rates
According to the newest CDC ART Success Rates Data,Fertility Center of Maryland in TOWSON, MD performed 87 frozen nondonor eggs IVF cycles in 2015. Below is the number of IVF cycles and babies born by the patient's age.
|Number of cycles||34||30||12||8||2||1|
|Live births (%)||30.3||30.0||3 / 11||2 / 4||1 / 2||0 / 1|
Donor Eggs IVF Success Rates
In 2015,according to the newest CDC ART Success Rates Data,Fertility Center of Maryland in TOWSON, MD performed 2 IVF cycles with fresh embryos from donor eggs and 3 IVF cycles with frozen embryos from donor eggs.
|Donor Eggs||Number of cycles||Live births (%)|
|Fresh Embryos||2||1 / 2|
|Frozen Embryos||3||0 / 2|