COASTAL FERTILITY SPECIALISTS (MOUNT PLEASANT, SC)
COASTAL FERTILITY SPECIALISTS (MOUNT PLEASANT, SC) IVF Success Rates
Total Number of IVF Cycles
|Clinic Success Rates||Report|
|During The Year||2018|
|Medical Director||John A. Schnorr, MD|
|Total Number IVF Cycles||1,062|
|Total IVF Cycles at Age<35||514|
|Total IVF Cycles at Age 35-37||272|
|Total IVF Cycles at Age 38-40||166|
|Total IVF Cycles at Age 41-42||59|
|Total IVF Cycles at Age≥43||51|
Nondonor Eggs IVF Success Rates
|Nondonor Eggs Success Rates||Age under 35||Age 35-37||Age 38-40||Age 41-42||Age ≥43|
|Number of transfers||195||53||36||17||*|
|Ave number transfers||1.1||0.9||0.8||0.7||0.6|
|Live Birth Rates||58.5%||60.4%||33.3%||6 / 17||* / *|
Donor IVF Success Rates
|Donor Success Rates||Donor, Fresh emb, Fresh egg||Donor, Fresh emb, Frozen egg||Donor, Frozen embryo||Donated embryo|
|Number of transfers||38||7||31||*|
|Live Birth Rates||60.5%||* / 7||45.2%||* / *|
Rates of IVF Cycle Characteristics
|Rates of characteristics||Age <35||Age 35-37||Age 38-40||Age 41-42||Age ≥43||All ages|
|IVF using gestational carrier||1.0%||0.0%||0.0%||0.0%||0.0%||0.5%|
|IVF using frozen embryos||86.3%||87.9%||80.5%||56.8%||48.6%||81.8%|
|IVF with ICSI||75.3%||78.5%||87.8%||78.4%||83.8%||78.5%|
|IVF with PGT||25.0%||29.5%||40.2%||27.0%||8.1%||27.3%|
Why choose Coastal Fertility Specialists
Being the leading fertility centers in South Carolina, CFS works with the mission to help build families in a compassionate and caring environment. They have a qualified staff of board certified reproductive endocrinologists, specially trained nursing staff, highly skilled embryologists and an expert staff to assist with all aspects of patient care.By careful selection from the most advanced diagnostic tools, the CFS team works to determine the underlying cause of infertility. From there, they develop an individualized plan to give every client the best chance of achieving a successful pregnancy.
Doctors and Team
John SchnorrDr. John Schnorr is the founding partner of CFS and the Division Director of Reproductive Endocrinology at the Medical University of South Carolina. He is a board certified Reproductive Endocrinologist and Gynecologist from the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.Michael SloweyDr. Slowey is the Cofounder of CFS and holds board certifications in general Obstetrics & Gynecology. He is also board certified in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility from the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.Heather CookDr. Cook is a Reproductive Endocrinologist and Infertility specialist. She is a strong advocate of women's health and has an interest in area of immunology in reproductive disorders.The Clinical TeamCFS has a highly experienced group of registered nurses. The nursing staff helps coordinate and assist physicians monitor patients' progress every step of the way. They provide ongoing assistance and can answer all questions patients may have.The Laboratory TeamThe laboratory team at CFS brings experience and expertise in embryology science. The embryologists, specialists and technicians in the lab work together to provide outstanding embryology, andrology and endocrinology services.The Administrative TeamAt CFS the admin staff provides support to patients regarding scheduling, billing, and other related issues. The admin team can also assist patients with information about infertility insurance, IVF financing and other topics.
Services and Procedures
The experienced team at CFS has helped many individuals, couples and same sex partners realize their dream of having a baby. The clinic offers a full range of fertility treatments ranging from the most basic interventions to the most advanced techniques.Diagnosis and TreatmentOnce a diagnosis is established, CFS specialists will prescribe the most suitable infertility treatments tailored for patients. For diagnostic purposes the center deals in:
- Infertility evaluation
- Secondary infertility
- Unexplained infertility
- Semen analysis
- Erectile dysfunction
- Male factor infertility
- Tubal factor infertility
- Reproductive aging
- Repeated pregnancy loss
Infertility Treatment OptionsInfertility treatment options at CFS range from the most basic to the most advanced. Based on every individual's needs these can include the following:
- Ovulation Induction- this technique administers injectable medications to increase hormonal levels to induce ovulation. A variety of medications are used to achieve this.
- IUIis another basic infertility treatment used by patients having trouble getting pregnant. Patients who can benefit from IUI include patients with ovulation disturbances. Others with a history of poor cervical mucus, male infertility factor and unexplained infertility can also benefit.
- IVFprocedures bypass the fallopian tubes. This allows patients with damaged or absent fallopian tubes become pregnant. It can also help others with endometrioses and male infertility factor.
- Fertility Preservationis another aspect of practice at CFS. Egg freezing can help individuals going in for cancer treatment or others looking to delay reproduction. CFS has the largest egg freezing program in South Carolina.
- Tubal Anastomosesis the reversal of tubal ligation. The procedure can allow women to help restore their natural futility by reconnecting the fallopian tubes.
Donor Egg ProgramDonor egg treatments are available at CFS. Egg donation is now an integral component in the treatment of infertility. CFS offers a range of egg donation services along the following lines:
- Fresh, egg donation from anonymous donor
- Frozen, egg donation from anonymous donor
- Egg donation from known donor
Egg donation is most often done for patients with infertility issues like reduced egg number or reduced egg quality. CFS has a comprehensive egg donation program where patients can choose from a range of options:
- Single Fresh Cycles- all of the donor eggs from can be used for fertilization. This cycle can maximize pregnancy rates with some embryos left over for egg freezing.
- Split donor fresh cycles- allows patients to use half of all mature eggs from the egg donor. The idea is to divide the cost of the donor cycle with another receiving couple. Donor costs are hence lowered by utilizing split cycles.
- Surrogacy and known donor- all recipients, known donors and surrogates need to meet with a counselor before treatment begins at CFS.
Donor Egg Bank USA CFS has successfully partnered with Donor Egg Bank USA. The program offers frozen donor egg bank services in their Carolina locations. This is the country's donor egg program put together through a partnership of leading reproductive specialists.Alternative Parenting OptionsCFS is proud to help all individuals have a family. They serve the LGBT community by delivering a range of options to create a family. These can include:
- Sperm donor
- Egg donor
- Gestational carrier
LocationsAs a leading South Carolina fertility clinic, SCF has five office locations in the following areas:
- Mount Pleasant
- North Charleston
- Myrtle Beach
IntegraMed BenefitsCFS has partnered with IntegraMed Fertility to offer unique IVF programs called Attain IVF programs. The program allows patients to save up to 40% off their treatment program.Attain IVF Programs also offer a 100% refund if patients are unable to give birth from their treatment. CFS is the only provider of the Attain IVF Programs in the South Carolina regions.Health Credit ServicesHCS provides patients with fertility financing options to make treatment more affordable. Some advantages include:
- Easy application process
- No application fees
- Instant loan processing low monthly payments
- Competitive, fixed rates
- No down payment
- Convenient online portal
Lending Club Patient SolutionsThis program offers low financing rates to patients working with an IntegraMed practice. Benefits include extended plans with low monthly rates. The interest rate stays consistent without any sudden spikes, hikes or hidden fees.
Coastal Fertility Specialists Services and Profile
|Services and profile||Yes/No|
|Whether clinic has donor egg program||Yes|
|Whether clinic has embryo cryopreservation program||No|
|Whether clinic has donated embryo program||Yes|
|Whether clinic has egg cryopreservation program||Yes|
|Clinic services for single women||Yes|
|Clinic services for using gestational carriers||Yes|
|Whether clinic is SART member||Yes|
|Embryo laboratory accreditation status||Yes|
* IVF success reports are based on the latest CDC data published in May 2020 (Final 2018 Data).
* Learn about success rate and definition. Read: What Is IVF Success Rate?