- 1 Why choose Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
- 2 Doctors and Support Staff
- 3 Services and Procedures
- 4 Financial Options
- 5 Fertility Institute of New Orleans Services and Profile
- 6 Fertility Institute of New Orleans IVF Success Rates
Why choose Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
The Fertility Institute of New Orleans has an established reputation for providing personalized care to all patients. We have been providing services for over 54 years and are area leaders in IVF and other fertility treatments.
We have four conveniently located centers in Louisiana where our doctors have accomplished over 14,000 pregnancies. We have a track record for being the first fertility service provider in the Gulf South to:
- Establish a sperm bank
- Establish a frozen embryo program
- Perform the first IVF procedure
- Perform the first GIFT procedure
- Achieve the first ZIFT birth
- Achieve the first PZD birth
- Achieve the first ICSI birth
- Achieve the first SUZI birth and much more.
Doctors and Support Staff
We have a team of nine physicians and a staff of more than 50 personnel who employ a combination of traditional treatment and latest reproductive technologies to treat our patients. At our centers, each patient is assigned their own physician and specialized staff.
Dr. Richard Dickey
Dr. Dickey is the Medical Director and founder of The Fertility Institute of New Orleans. He is a specialist in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility and is recognized as one of the pioneers in this field. He has board certification in Obstetrics & Gynecology and Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility from the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
Dr. Dickey works alongside other eight fertility specialists at our fertility center. His team of doctors include Dr. Steven N. Taylor, Dr. Peter Y. Lu, Dr. Heber E. Dunaway Jr., Dr. Belinda M. Sartor, Dr. Phillip H. Rye, Dr. William J. Farrell, Dr. Joseph A. La Nasa and Dr. Ron Clisham.
All our specialists are board certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology with expertise in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility.
The nursing staff is responsible for attending to the immediate needs of patients. Our staff is fully trained and specializes in the field of reproduction. All nurses work to maintain the highest standard of patient care with the utmost professionalism.
The laboratory staff manages complete quality control in the various procedures of Assisted Reproductive Technologies. All our lab staff is highly trained in their respective fields and work in collaboration with our physicians to deliver outstanding results.
The admin staff caters to essential patient services. They take care of everything from scheduling and guidance to insurance billing. For patients who need to travel to our facilities, the admin support can help with travel plans and provide accommodation assistance.
Services and Procedures
- IVF- the first successful IVF procedure in the Gulf South was performed at our New Orleans facility. Since then we have performed over 5000 IVF and other ART procedures.
- COH/AIH-patients for this procedures need to a have a healthy uterus, normal eggs, and one fully functional fallopian tube at the least. The male partner's sperm also needs to be healthy. Where needed, sperm donated by a known or unknown donor can be used.
- ICSI is administered where there is poor sperm quality because of a diminished sperm count. To facilitate fertilization, the sperm head is injected directly into the egg in a laboratory setting.
- Assisted hatching is about making an opening in the outer covering of the embryo. This delicate procedure then allows the embryo to implant itself more securely when placed in the uterus.
- Cryopreservation allows un-transferred embryos to be frozen for future uses. This procedure allows for future efforts at becoming pregnant without the need of further surgery.
- Egg donors are recommended for patients with genetic abnormalities, early ovarian failure, or previous ovarian surgery. The same can also be administered on patients with repeated IVF failures or unexplained miscarriages.
- Host uterus can help build a family where the woman may not have a functional uterus. In this case, she can have another female carry the embryo created from her own eggs and the partner's sperm.
- PGD is a procedure recommended for patients with the possibility of hereditary genetic disorders. These can include issues like Tay Sachs, thalassemia, cystic fibrosis, and gender linked genetic abnormalities.
- GIFT refers to gamete intra-fallopian transfer and allows conception to occur inside the womb instead of a lab. It is used for patients who may have tried conceiving naturally but without success.
- ZIFT stands for zygote intrafallopian transfer and involves transferring developed embryo by placing it into the fallopian tubes.
- Egg sharing lets IVF couples share their extra eggs with other couples. The other couple may be in need of eggs because of age or medical reasons. Typically, the expense of the IVF cycle is shared by the recipient couple.
Male Infertility Diagnosis
Our doctors and staff represent expertise in all areas of diagnosis and treatment. Before moving to an advanced treatment option, they will first diagnose the cause of infertility by testing and then choose a treatment method.
- Sperm analysis is a test which evaluates the quality and quantity of sperm. The test can help identify factors impacting the sperm's ability to travel to and penetrate the egg.
- Postcoital test is another way to evaluate male infertility. The test is perfumed 12-18 hours after intercourse and examines the interaction between sperm and cervical mucus.
- Antibody test can determine whether the male or female partner produces antibodies to sperm. The antibodies can react to sperm as invaders and immobilize or destroy them.
Female Infertility Diagnosis
Female infertility may be triggered by various underlying health conditions. The most traditional causes of female infertility may include failure to ovulate, endometriosis, uterine fibroids or tubal obstruction. In addition factors like pelvic adhesions, egg quality or ineffective sperm can all make conception more challenging.
We will diagnose the cause of female infertility first before progressing to any kind of ART procedures. It is only when other treatment fails, we then used the ART procedures indicated above.
Our Office Locations
Patients can avail our fertility services at the following facilities:
- Mandeville office
- Metairie office
- Baton Rouge office
- New Orleans office
At the Fertility Institute of New Orleans, we accept most insurance plans and our financial advisors can assist you. They will work with your to investigate your plan and coverage options.
Fertility Institute of New Orleans Services and Profile
- Donor egg services (Yes)
- Donor embryo services (Yes)
- ART for single women (Yes)
- Gestational carrier services (Yes)
- Embryo cryopreservation services (Yes)
- SART member (Yes)
- Verified lab accreditation (Yes)
Fertility Institute of New Orleans IVF Success Rates
Fresh Nondonor Eggs IVF Success Rates
According to the newest CDC ART Success Rates Data,Fertility Institute of New Orleans in MANDEVILLE, LA performed 324 fresh nondonor eggs IVF cycles in 2015. Below is the number of IVF cycles and babies born by the patient's age.
|Number of cycles||174||75||48||17||9||1|
|Live births (%)||46.7||33.3||9.1||1 / 7||0 / 2|
Frozen Nondonor Eggs IVF Success Rates
According to the newest CDC ART Success Rates Data,Fertility Institute of New Orleans in MANDEVILLE, LA performed 309 frozen nondonor eggs IVF cycles in 2015. Below is the number of IVF cycles and babies born by the patient's age.
|Number of cycles||165||72||50||14||5||3|
|Live births (%)||41.6||32.1||40.5||5 / 14||1 / 4||0 / 1|
Donor Eggs IVF Success Rates
In 2015,according to the newest CDC ART Success Rates Data,Fertility Institute of New Orleans in MANDEVILLE, LA performed 3 IVF cycles with fresh embryos from donor eggs and 16 IVF cycles with frozen embryos from donor eggs.
|Donor Eggs||Number of cycles||Live births (%)|
|Fresh Embryos||3||0 / 2|
|Frozen Embryos||16||6 / 15|